THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

R.N.S. THE MOVEMENT BLOGSPOT

"WELCOME TO THE SITE, SO CHILL, KICK IT, STAY FOR AWHILE, I GOT SOMETHIN' FOR ERRBODY"

SEND MUSIC TO: slimdoinme@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BREAKIN' ARTISTS SPOTLIGHT: D-RAY




TexasMixtapes.Com Interview
TM's Own jMoney, Had A Chance To Catch Up With
Up And Coming Artist D-Ray, Out Of H-Town, TX.
Reigning From The Mr. Rogers And Sh*t Factory Camp.
TM's own J Money, had a chance to catch up with up and coming artist D-Ray, out of Htown, TX. Reigning from the Mr. Rodgers and Sh*t Factory camp.

TM: What's Good D-Ray? 2007 was just the beginning, how is 2008 looking for you so far?
D-Ray: Errthang gravy mayne. I'm just blessed to be outhere maintain' and able to grind another day. Gas damn near 4 dollars so I'm happy to still have some money in my pocket.

TM: You Reside In H-Town But Originally From Ft Worth Texas..How Does It Feel Being The One To Set The Standard In Your City?

D-Ray: It feels good! I always felt that I would be the one to do that for my city. A lot of niggas in The Funk(Fort Worth)t is followers when it come to the music shit. It's time to give the world a new style from a city that is constantly over looked. We got own own swagger, let these other niggas try to catch up wit us. Fuck tryna catch up with them. Funkytown STAND UP!! Twisted Black was about put us on the map but unfortunatley his situation caught up wit him. Much love to Houston for showin me love since I been out here though.

TM: What person and/or event brought you in the game as an artist?
D-Ray: I been rappin since I was in the 2nd grade. I started making my first mixtapes my DJ Mr. Rogers and the Shit Factory while I was enrolled at Prairie View A&M University in 2000.


TM: What artists/style of music influenced you the most growing up & what artists have influence on you now?
D-Ray: Man I grew up on a lot different music being around my Daddy. He listened to errythang, Cameo, Prince, The Isleys, Ohio Players, Maze and Frankie Beverly. That's why I'm cold at picking out samples. As far as this rap shit, PIMP C!!! Hands down UGK 4 Life! Project Pat and that old Triple 6 Mafia shit, Cam'ron, Gucci Mane and Prodigy from Mobb Deep. Back in the day I was on Too $hort real tough and Snoop, Wu-Tang, MC Ehit, Spice 1 and Pac. I was a Bone Thugs Head too. I love this music shit, I could go all day naming niggas if you let me!

TM: You Just Released Your First Solo Mixtape, What's the Response you've gotten so far?
D-Ray: Mannn, I'ts been good! The Lord blessed me with a talent that errybody seems to like so that's wassup.
It's time to get that show money now!!! Boys done hooked me up with clothes and all types of shit. Shout out to DJ Burn and Algierz Clothing Line.

TM: You Decided To Title It "My Mixtape Is Killing Your Mixtape", What Made You Decide This Was The Perfect Title?
D-Ray: Now before I answer this, Imma let you know that I'm a real modest person but these niggas nowadays SUCK!! Str8 up. I'm a fan of rap music before anythang so I still like to listen to niggas that's hot but Gotdamn...can somebody come wit some heat? I really feel like I'm crushin the majorty of these boys outhere rappin so Imma bring the heat. When I say I'm crushin niggas I mean with songs/hits. Don't come at me with that battle rappin shit cause I don't do that. My producers is killing these niggas too! Shout out to Stunt and Dozier and the whole DSF Entertainment. Niggas albums is garbage! I swear, it be hard to find shit to listen to.

TM:
Any big plans for D-Ray anytime soon?
D-Ray: Man I'm just day by day. By me finally having a solo mixtape, it's gonna open doors for me that I never knew existed. Imma keep hitting niggas over the head with this heat.
I got a mixtape with J-Money coming soon called "Shittin On Boyz". Imma just keep grindin mayne 'till the wheels fall off.

TM:
What is your favorite song you have ever released?
D-Ray: Probably "Luv Me (R.I.P. Pimp C)" The response from that one is crazy!!

TM:
What are your plans for the future?
D-Ray: Get Rich or Die Tryin!

TM: Any words of wisdom for upcoming artists looking to leave a mark in the game like you have?
D-Ray: Do as much of this shit on your own as you can so niggas don't feel like they got some type of control over your career and do what you feel.
Don't listen to people because they just be talkin and they ain't God so the don't know what the fuck they talking about. DO YOU!

TM:
Preciate taking the time out of your day to answer a couple questions for texasmixtapes.com. Any last words for the fans? and what is the #1 site for Texas HipHop?
D-Ray: My mixatpe is killing your mixtape whoever you are. If you wanna get at me for a show holla at Art at xplicitsounds@gmail.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it at 682-553-9415.

CHECK OUT THIS TRACK CALLED
"STEPPIN' WIT A SWAG" PROD. BY THE SHIT FACTORY






DOWNLOAD

CLICK ON COVER TO DOWNLOADPhotobucketPhotobucket

D-RAY'S MYSPACE

0 comments: